- Package: Land only
- Minimum group size: 3
- Location: Bovec – Soca Valley
- Activities: 2 days guided mountain biking
- Accommodation: 3 nts bed & breakfast in Hostel Bovec
- Local transfers: Transfers included at start/end of each day
- Price also includes: Hardtail mountain bike rental, guiding & tourist tax.
Today we ride up and over the elongated mountain of Kobariški Stol which offers some breathtaking views of the Breginj valley. The descent back down towards the Učja river valley is truly remarkable. The climb takes us on a well-maintained gravel road up to the Božca pass (approx. 1.3 hours) and we descend down an old military trail from the first World War. After reaching the village of Žaga, we follow the Soča river upstream back towards Bovec.
A 35-minute van ride takes us half way up mount Matajur to the village of Livek, where we continue the fireroad climb towards the mountain hut on Matajur (1,545 m). Since Matajur is slap bang on the border between Slovenia and Italy, we take the Italian trail down towards San Pietro al Natisone. The descent is 1,400 vertical meters and 12 kilometers of never ending singletrack. On the way back we stop in Kobarid to visit the museum of the Isonzo front, one of the bloodiest and longest lasting battles of the First World War.
|Mountain Bike Packages||Hostel Bovec|
|Slovenia Singletrack Adventure||£449.00|
|Slovenia Singletrack Short Break||£199.00|
|Activities||Group size||Best months||Suitable for||Programme|
|1||Min 3 / Max 16||May, June, July, August and September||Competent mountain bikers with experience of varied off road terrain||2 days of mountain biking|
- Price is based on minimum 3 persons
- For a reduced group size the price may be subject to variation based on number of persons and dates required.
- Price excludes return transfers from Ljubljana (Slovenia), Klagenfurt (Austria) or Trieste Airport (Italy)
- Booking terms: 20% deposit and balance payable 8 weeks before travel date.
- Payment method: BACS or cheque – please confirm preference at time of booking
- It is a condition of all bookings that persons are in a good state of health and are fit to participate in our activities.
- A booking fee of £25.00 is payable per booking invoice for your holiday.
- Bookings can be cancelled free of charge within 7 days of your booking. Your payment will be refunded in full.
- Cancelling 60 to 30 days prior to departure incurs a charge of 50% of the total booking value.
- Bookings cancelled less than 30 days prior to departure cannot be refunded.
- We strongly advise you to acquire appropriate outdoor activity insurance and recommend our partners @ SPORTS COVER DIRECT. Sports and activity insurance covers the cost of medical aid and emergency expenses on your adventure or sports holiday when travelling abroad.