- Package: Land only
- Minimum group size: 3
- Location: Bovec – Soca Valley
- Activities: 5 days guided mountain biking
- Accommodation: 7 nts bed & breakfast in Hostel Bovec
- Local transfers: Transfers included at start/end of each day
- Price also includes: Hardtail mountain bike rental, guiding & tourist tax.
Today we ride up and over the elongated mountain of Kobariški Stol which offers some breathtaking views of the Breginj valley. The descent back down towards the Učja river valley is truly remarkable. The climb takes us on a well-maintained gravel road up to the Božca pass (approx. 1.3 hours) and we descend down an old military trail from the first World War. After reaching the village of Žaga, we follow the Soča river upstream back towards Bovec.
A 35-minute van ride takes us half way up mount Matajur to the village of Livek, where we continue the fireroad climb towards the mountain hut on Matajur (1,545 m). Since Matajur is slap bang on the border between Slovenia and Italy, we take the Italian trail down towards San Pietro al Natisone. The descent is 1,400 vertical meters and 12 kilometers of never ending singletrack. On the way back we stop in Kobarid to visit the museum of the Isonzo front, one of the bloodiest and longest lasting battles of the First World War.
We set off on the climb up Čaven with an easy pace. After about three hours we reach the top, enjoy the breathless view and embark upon the king of all descents. The trail warms you up with a gentle flowing rhythm and slowly begins building up difficulty so you only realize you just became the lord of switchbacks once they are all done and dusted. But by then it’s too late as the final third of the descent suddenly switches into maximum flow mode. Have you ever ridden a trail for the first time and felt like you have known it for ever? Well, then Čaven is the story for you.
4. Free Day (Optional: Tromeja & Planica)
Today we have a free day for you to relax and explore the local area. There is an optional ride to Tromeja and Planica, at an additional cost of £75 per person.
Itinerary to be confirmed.
Nanos is a beautiful 12 kilometer long and 1313 meter high mountain range that separates the continental part of Slovenia from the Mediterranean part. We set off for Nanos immediately after breakfast. The first part of the 1000 m climb takes us up a paved road which at about halfway turns into a rocky fireroad up a grassy ridge towards the summit. The mountain hut at the summit has friendly staff, hot food and drinks. Descending offers several options, a more technical one with a number of switchbacks or a faster and more flowy option. The selection depends on wishes and weather, but the loamy and rooty trails of the central part of the country are definitely put on hold for a while. Now it’s time for some limestone rock n’ roll.
|Mountain Bike Packages||Hostel Bovec|
|Slovenia Singletrack Adventure||£449.00|
|Slovenia Singletrack Short Break||£199.00|
|Activities||Group size||Best months||Suitable for||Programme|
|1||Min 3 / Max 16||May, June, July, August and September||Competent mountain bikers with experience of varied off road terrain||5 days of mountain biking over 6 days|
- Price is based on minimum 3 persons.
- For a reduced group size the price may be subject to variation based on number of persons and dates required.
- Price excludes return transfers from Ljubljana (Slovenia), Klagenfurt (Austria) or Trieste Airport (Italy)
- Booking terms: 20% deposit and balance payable 8 weeks before travel date.
- Payment method: BACS or cheque – please confirm preference at time of booking
- It is a condition of all bookings that persons are in a good state of health and are fit to participate in our activities.
- A booking fee of £25.00 is payable per booking invoice for your holiday.
- Bookings can be cancelled free of charge within 7 days of your booking. Your payment will be refunded in full.
- Cancelling 60 to 30 days prior to departure incurs a charge of 50% of the total booking value.
- Bookings cancelled less than 30 days prior to departure cannot be refunded.
- We strongly advise you to acquire appropriate outdoor activity insurance and recommend our partners @ SPORTS COVER DIRECT. Sports and activity insurance covers the cost of medical aid and emergency expenses on your adventure or sports holiday when travelling abroad.