This is a really wonderful holiday in a beautiful and unspoilt part of Europe and will appeal to active families as well as adult groups. Based at Vogel there is much to offer the experienced skiier as well as those new to this exciting winter sports activity.
- Package: Land only
- Location: Bohinj Valley
- Activities: 1
- Options: 7 nights Pension – self catering, bed & breakfast and half board or hotel / half board
- Includes: 6 day Ski pass
1. VOGEL SKI CENTRE
Vogel is a truly wonderful location for families and adult groups. The natural conditions – the normal ski season lasts from December to the first of May – put Vogel in first place among Slovene ski resorts for reliable snow conditions. Because Vogel lies on the first mountain barrier above the Adriatic Sea, substantially more snow falls here than anywhere else of similar altitude in the Alps. The high mountain setting and the extraordinary panoramas over the surrounding area – the ski centre lies in Triglav National Park above Lake Bohinj – give Vogel a special attraction. In spite of its majestic setting, the ski centre at over 1500 metres altitude is suitable for all skill levels. The abundant sun, outstanding views, and attractive, well-groomed trails are exceptional and in good weather and suitable conditions, experts will relish the opportunities for off-piste skiing.
Vogel lies within the Triglav National Park, at the head of the Bohinj valley. You can reach the lower Vogel cable car station on foot by following one of the maintained trails along the north or south shores of Lake Bohinj. You can also access it by means of public transport, the Bohinj tourist boat or by car, which can be parked in the free parking area. Vogel cable car then takes you to the upper cable car station, to a height of more than 1,500 metres above sea level. This magnificent ‘Kingdom of Zlatorog’ makes your heart leap in every season of the year. Enjoy the beautiful colours, the breathtaking views and the abundance of opportunities for active holidays in the mountains. The winter idyll and the warm rays of sunshine promise an unforgettable experience on the snowy slopes from December until the end of April. Vogel is a true paradise for skiing, freestyle, cross-country skiing and off-piste skiing. Children can also practice their skills in the kindergarten, and those who love acrobatic moves can practice their skills at Vogel Snow Park. And best of all, you can also enjoy delicious cuisine and great accommodation here in the Bohinj Valley within 10 minutes of the Vogel Ski Centre.
- Equipment included: Optional – skis and poles or snowboard and boots – price on application
- Mandatory personal equipment: Skis and poles or snowboard, boots, winter clothing, gloves and warm hat
|Winter Packages||PENSION - SELF CATERING||PENSION - BED & BREAKFAST||PENSION - HALF BOARD||HOTEL - HALF BOARD|
|WINTER HIKING||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ POA|
|TRIGLAV WINTER ASCENT||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ POA|
|VOGEL SKIING||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ POA|
|FUN IN THE SNOW!||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ POA|
|Activities||Group size||Availability||Suitable for||Programme|
|1||Min 4||Jan, Feb, March and April||Beginners to intermediate and more advanced level skiiers||Activities are scheduled over 6 days Sun-Fri|
- All bookings are based on 4 persons and price per person is the same for both adults and children.
- For a reduced group size the price may be subject to variation based on number of persons and dates required.
- Price excludes return transfers from Ljubljana (Slovenia) or Klagenfurt (Austria)
- Booking terms: 20% deposit and balance payable 8 weeks before travel date.
- Payment method: BACS or cheque – please confirm preference at time of booking
- It is a condition of all bookings that persons are in a good state of health and are fit to participate in our activities.
- Bookings can be cancelled free of charge within 7 days of your booking. Your payment will be refunded in full.
- Cancelling 60 to 30 days prior to departure incurs a charge of 50% of the total booking value.
- Bookings cancelled less than 30 days prior to departure cannot be refunded.
- We strongly advise you to acquire appropriate outdoor activity insurance and recommend our partners @ SPORTS COVER DIRECT. Sports and activity insurance covers the cost of medical aid and emergency expenses on your adventure or sports holiday when travelling abroad.