- Package: Land only
- Location: Triglav National Park
- Activities: 1
- Guide ratio: 1 Guide per 2 clients
- Accommodation: 1 night mountain hut + optional Pension or hotel accommodation at extra cost
- Transfers: Bled to Krma Valley return
Dominating the surrounding mountains, Mt. Triglav at 2864 metres is the highest peak in the Julian Alps and also in Slovenia. Although there are numerous marked mountain trails that are well used in the summer, in winter it is a serious proposition for the experienced mountaineer. In winter climbing Mt Triglav should not be under estimated – it is a fairly serious excursion demanding sound mountain skills and winter clothing and climbing equipment. Our winter route takes the easiest trail that is most accessible from Krma Valley to the Kredarica hut where we overnight and next morning begin the ascent via Mali Triglav and then on to Triglav, its higher sister peak. To ensure the best chance of success we provide experienced high altitude guides who will organise everything so you can relax and enjoy the majestic panoramic views of neighbouring peaks and on a clear day you can see all the way to the Adriatic sea. After your ascent we return by the same route to Kredarica hut where you can take refreshments before descending back to Krma Valley where we will pick you up and transfer you to Bled.
- 8:00 Pick up from your accommodation in Bled
- 08:00 to 08:45 Transfer from Bled – Krma Valley
- Krma Valley – Pastirci (3-4 hours)
- Pastirci – Kredarica hut* (3 hours)
Note: *Includes breakfast and accommodation in Kredarica mountain hut
- 7:00 Breakfast
- 8:00 Climb to the top of Mt. Triglav (2-3 hours)
- Mt. Triglav (summit) – Kredarica hut (2 hours)
- Kredarica hut – Krma Valley (3-4 hours)
- Transfer to Bled
- Winter walking boots
- Socks – warm, woolen type
- Warm hat
- 2 pairs gloves
- Trouser – warm winter category
- Jacket – wind & waterproof
- Base layer top and underwear – good evaporation and warm
- Mid layer fleece or alternative insulation layer
- Lip salve and sunscreen
- Rucksack – lightweight with adjustable straps
- Ice axe
- Climbing harness
- Self-belay kit
Note: Winter Equipment can be provided if required.
|Winter Packages||PENSION - SELF CATERING||PENSION - BED & BREAKFAST||PENSION - HALF BOARD||HOTEL - HALF BOARD|
|WINTER HIKING||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ POA|
|TRIGLAV WINTER ASCENT||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ POA|
|VOGEL SKIING||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ POA|
|FUN IN THE SNOW!||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ TBC||£ POA|
|Activities||Group size||Availability||Suitable for||Programme|
|1||Min 4||Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April and May||Persons with previous winter mountaineering experience using an ice axe and crampons||Activity is scheduled over 2 days|
- All bookings are based on 4 persons.
- For a reduced group size the price may be subject to variation based on number of persons and dates required.
- Booking terms: 20% deposit and balance payable 8 weeks before travel date.
- Payment method: BACS or cheque – please confirm preference at time of booking
- It is a condition of all bookings that persons are in a good state of health and are fit to participate in our activities.
- Bookings can be cancelled free of charge within 7 days of your booking. Your payment will be refunded in full.
- Cancelling 60 to 30 days prior to departure incurs a charge of 50% of the total booking value.
- Bookings cancelled less than 30 days prior to departure cannot be refunded.
- We strongly advise you to acquire appropriate outdoor activity insurance and recommend our partners @ SPORTS COVER DIRECT. Sports and activity insurance covers the cost of medical aid and emergency expenses on your adventure or sports holiday when travelling abroad.