- Package: Land only
- Location: Bovec – Soca Valley
- Activities: 6
- Options: 7 nts Self-catering Apartment, Hotel Mangart / half board or Bovec Hostel / bed & breakfast
Riding the emerald green waters of the Soca River dodging the bleached white limestone boulders whilst riding the rapids is a special experience suitable for both adventure loving thrill seekers and active families with young children. Our rafting trips are run on two different courses – the first starts near the Boka waterfall and finishes at Srpenica and the second starts at Zmuklica and finishes at Srpenica. An extended trip from Zmuklica to Trnova ob Soci is an extended all day activity; however, it is only possible when there is sufficient water in the river, between 35 and 50 m3/s.
Generally, when the water level falls below 15 m3/s we offer a kayaking trip as an alternative to the rafting session as kayaking is more suited to low water levels and much more fun. All our guides are professionally trained and have the IRF Instructor 4/5 licence (International Rafting Federation – www.internationalrafting.com)
- Equipment included: Helmet, anorak, life jacket, neoprene suit (3mm) and neoprene shoes.
- Mandatory Personal equipment: Swimsuit and towel
Outdoor Freaks are especially keen to promote kayaking to the many visitors who come to visit the Soca River valley. Since rafting – the old mainstay of river tourism often leaves much to be desired in terms of pure water experience. We use special sit-on-top kayaks which are very beginner friendly whilst still offering sufficient challenge for more experienced kayakers. Our trips are also excellent for families with small children as parents can enjoy the river safe in the knowledge that the kids are in the hands of an experienced guide on a two seater kayak.
For more experienced clients our instructors can also tailor the kayak session accordingly. All instructors have the international Kayak Instructor II and III licence.
- Equipment included: Kayak, helmet, paddle, spray deck, life jacket, anorak, 3mm neoprene suits and neoprene shoes.
- Mandatory personal equipment: Swimsuit and towel
Canyoning has become a thrill seekers phenomenon over the last decade and involves jumping into crystal clear plunge pools and sliding down or abseiling steeper and longer waterfalls. Canyoning is a unique sport which is a pure adrenalin rush combining heights and precipices with the anticipation of a plunge into a crystal clear pool carved by the erosive action of water over millions of years. In secluded and often spectacular locations, Canyoning provides an intimate small group experience whilst at the same time enjoying the unbelievable wonders of nature. We offer professionally guided tours in canyons with a medium and higher level of difficulty such as Fratarca, Globoski Potok or Mlinarca, so a knowledge of abseiling is necessary and always verified prior to your trip. However, clients who are new to abseiling are assigned to an experienced guide who supports them throughout the trip.
- Equipment included: climbing – canyoning harness, figure of eight, twin belay rope, helmet, 5mm neoprene suit with integral hood and 3mm neoprene socks.
- Mandatory personal equipment: Swimsuit, old trekking or sports footwear and towel.
4. MOUNTAIN BIKING
Mountain biking in the pristine mountains around Bovec is special, as the valley’s unique climate allows biking from March to the end of November. All our guides have full UCI compliant certification. We also rent high-end mountain bikes, from regular XC hardtails and full suspension all mountain bikes to freeride rigs. Our fleet exceeds 20 bikes so we are sure to have one to suit your requirements. We also operate a bicycle gear shop and service centre. Trips are tailored to suit the size, experience and skill of our guests. Sample trips include:-
Matajur – on the front lines of the 1st World War
Morning starts with coffee at the local coffee shop. A 35-minute van ride then takes us half way up Mt Matajur to the village of Livek, where we continue the fireroad climb towards the mountain hut on Matajur (1545 m). Since Matajur is directly on the border between Slovenia and Italy, we take the Italian trail down towards San Pietro al Natisone. The descent is 1,400 vertical metres covering 12 kilometres of never ending singletrack. In San Pietro we stop in the local gelateria for home made ice-cream and a latte macchiato and wait for the van to take us back to Bovec. On the way back we stop in Kobarid and check out the museum of the Isonzo Front, one of the bloodiest and longest lasting battles of the First World War.
On this trip the van saves us the trouble of pedalling up the tarmac road and all we have to do is an hour and a half’s steady climb up a fireroad to the mountain pass, where we are again treated with a beautiful view. The descent takes us down a disused military alpine trail from the 1st World War down to the village of Žaga and from there we follow the river upstream back towards Bovec. Now all there is left is to dip our aching legs in the ice cold emerald waters of the Soca river or pay a visit the saunas at Hotel Alp or Kanin. And afterwards drinks at the Black Sheep bar is a great way to round off your day!
- Equipment: mountain bike, helmet, protection (knee and elbow pads)
- Mandatory personal equipment: appropriate clothing and footwear
5. SRNICA – CAVING
6a. HIKING TOUR OR HYDROSPEED
Based on fitness level of the group and individual preference our hiking trip will include one of the following excursions around Bovec or in Triglav National Park:
Suspension bridges trail – Bovec
This trip comprises a loop trail across traditional suspension foot bridges. We’ll see a WW1 outdoor museum, the old Kluze fortress, rivers Soca and Koritnica and much more. This is a perfect family walk, because it can be shortened without leaving out the fun part. During the walk we can stop off for a dip in the waters of the Soca river which offers the opportunity for some leisurely relaxation for all of the family…
Soča trail – Bovec
- Route: Srpenica-Trnovo
- Distance: 7km
- Duration: 2 hours
- Equipment included: Hydrospeed bob, helmet, life jacket, 3mm neoprene suit, flippers & safety kayak/guide
- Mandatory personal equipment: Swimsuit, towel and t-shirt (recommended)
|Summer Packages||HOSTEL BOVEC||APARTMENT||HOTEL - BED & BREAKFAST||HOTEL - HALF BOARD|
|SOCA EXPERIENCE||£ 475||£ 499||£ 599||£ 649|
|ADRENALINE RUSH||£ 475||£ 499||£ 599||£ 649|
|BOVEC VIBE||£ 475||£ 499||£ 599||£ 649|
|BOVEC ADVENTURE WK||£ 475||£ 499||£ 599||£ 649|
|Activities||Group size||Best months||Suitable for||Programme|
|6||Min 3 / Max 16||May, June, July, August and September||Active families, sports clubs and pre-formed adult groups||Activities are scheduled over 6 days Sun-Fri|
- Prices are based on 3 persons and price per person is the same for both adults and children.
- For a reduced group size the price may be subject to variation based on number of persons and dates required.
- Price excludes return transfers from Ljubljana (Slovenia), Klagenfurt (Austria) or Trieste Airport (Italy)
- Booking terms: 20% deposit and balance payable 8 weeks before travel date.
- Payment method: BACS or cheque – please confirm preference at time of booking
- It is a condition of all bookings that persons are in a good state of health and are fit to participate in our activities.
- A booking fee of £25.00 is payable per booking invoice for your holiday.
- Bookings can be cancelled free of charge within 7 days of your booking. Your payment will be refunded in full.
- Cancelling 60 to 30 days prior to departure incurs a charge of 50% of the total booking value.
- Bookings cancelled less than 30 days prior to departure cannot be refunded.
- We strongly advise you to acquire appropriate outdoor activity insurance and recommend our partners @ SPORTS COVER DIRECT. Sports and activity insurance covers the cost of medical aid and emergency expenses on your adventure or sports holiday when travelling abroad.