- Package: Land only
- Location: Bovec – Soca Valley
- Activities: 6
- Options: 7 nts Self-catering Apartment, Hotel Mangart / half board or Bovec Hostel / bed & breakfast
1. ZIP-LINE PARK
- Minimum age is 12 years and the dress code is strictly ‘comfortable clothes’.
Outdoor Freaks are especially keen to promote kayaking to the many visitors who come to visit the Soca River valley. Since rafting – the old mainstay of river tourism often leaves much to be desired in terms of pure water experience. We use special sit-on-top kayaks which are very beginner friendly whilst still offering sufficient challenge for more experienced kayakers. Our trips are also excellent for families with small children as parents can enjoy the river safe in the knowledge that the kids are in the hands of an experienced guide on a two seater kayak.
For more experienced clients our instructors can also tailor the kayak session accordingly. All instructors have the international Kayak Instructor II and III licence.
- Equipment included: Kayak, helmet, paddle, spray deck, life jacket, anorak, 3mm neoprene suits & shoes.
- Mandatory personal equipment: Swimsuit and towel
4. MOUNTAIN BIKING
Mountain biking in the pristine mountains around Bovec is special, as the valley’s unique climate allows biking from March to the end of November. All our guides have full UCI compliant certification. We also rent high-end CULT mountain bikes, from regular XC hardtails and full suspension all mountain bikes to freeride rigs. Our fleet exceeds 20 bikes so we are sure to have one to suit your requirements. We also operate a bicycle gear shop and service centre. Trips are tailored to suit the size, experience and skill of our guests. Sample trips include:-
Matajur – on the trail of the front line in the Great War
Morning starts with coffee at the local coffee shop. A 35-minute van ride then takes us half way up Mt Matajur to the village of Livek, where we continue the fireroad climb towards the mountain hut on Matajur (1545 m). Since Matajur is directly on the border between Slovenia and Italy, we take the Italian trail down towards San Pietro al Natisone. The descent is 1,400 vertical metres covering 12 kilometres of never ending singletrack. In San Pietro we stop in the local gelateria for home made ice-cream and a latte macchiato and wait for the van to take us back to Bovec. On the way back we stop in Kobarid and check out the museum of the Isonzo Front, one of the bloodiest and longest lasting battles of the First World War.
On this trip the van saves us the trouble of pedalling up the tarmac road and all we have to do is an hour and a half’s steady climb up a fireroad to the mountain pass, where we are again treated with a beautiful view. The descent takes us down a disused military alpine trail from the 1st World War down to the village of Žaga and from there we follow the river upstream back towards Bovec. Now all there is left is to dip our aching legs in the ice cold emerald waters of the Soca river or pay a visit the saunas at Hotel Alp or Kanin. And afterwards drinks at the Black Sheep bar is a great way to round off your day!
Canyoning has become a thrill seekers phenomenon over the last decade and involves jumping into crystal clear plunge pools and sliding down or abseiling steeper and longer waterfalls. Canyoning is a unique sport which is a pure adrenalin rush combining heights and precipices with the anticipation of a plunge into a crystal clear pool carved by the erosive action of water over millions of years. In secluded and often spectacular locations, Canyoning provides an intimate small group experience whilst at the same time enjoying the unbelievable wonders of nature. We offer professionally guided tours in canyons with a medium and higher level of difficulty such as Fratarca, Globoski Potok or Mlinarca, so a knowledge of abseiling is necessary and always verified prior to your trip. However, clients who are new to abseiling are assigned to an experienced guide who supports them throughout the trip.
- Equipment included: climbing – canyoning harness, figure of eight, twin belay rope, helmet, 5mm neoprene suit with integral hood and 3mm neoprene socks.
- Mandatory personal equipment: Swimsuit, old trekking or sports footwear and towel.
6a. HIKING OR HYDROSPEED
For many the journey is what is important and not the destination and there is no better feeling than lacing up your boots for a walk in the great outdoors. Whether it is listening to birdsong and enjoying summer colours, tramping through autumn leaves or crunching snow on a cold winter’s day; hiking awakens the senses and is a truly invigorating experience. In the Soca basin bordering Triglav National Park and nearby Julian Alps we have an infinite range of hiking possibilities; from trails leading to natural sights and strolls in the valleys, to wanders in the Alpine foothills and more demanding ascents in the higher mountains.
Around Bovec our hiking trips are structured around the ability and fitness of the group and include beautiful paths along rivers and streams often leading to waterfalls as well as trails sometimes involving light scrambling at higher altitude such as leads to Svinjak, the Bovec Matterhorn. Many trails are also steeped in history with remnants from the bloody battles and fortifications of the Soca Front during the First World War.
Prominant landscape features include glacier-shaped valleys, mountain plateaus and high altitude mountains above the tree line. Triglav National Park has an abundance of pure waters, deep cut gorges, remains of virgin forests and a wealth of mountain flowers. Typical park animals include red deer, ibex, chamois, brown bear, eagle, lynx and numerous reptiles and bird species.
- Route: Srpenica-Trnovo
- Distance: 7km
- Duration: 2 hours
- Equipment included: Hydrospeed bob, helmet, life jacket, 3mm neoprene suit, flippers & safety kayak/guide
- Mandatory personal equipment: Swimsuit, towel and t-shirt (recommended)
|Summer Packages||HOSTEL BOVEC||APARTMENT||HOTEL - BED & BREAKFAST||HOTEL - HALF BOARD|
|SOCA EXPERIENCE||£ 475||£ 499||£ 599||£ 649|
|ADRENALINE RUSH||£ 475||£ 499||£ 599||£ 649|
|BOVEC VIBE||£ 475||£ 499||£ 599||£ 649|
|BOVEC ADVENTURE WK||£ 475||£ 499||£ 599||£ 649|
|Activities||Group size||Best months||Suitable for||Programme|
|6||Min 3 / Max 16||May, June, July, August and September||Active families, sports clubs and pre-formed adult groups||Activities are scheduled over 6 days Sun-Fri|
- All bookings are based on 3 persons and price per person is the same for both adults and children.
- For a reduced group size the price may be subject to variation based on number of persons and dates required.
- Price excludes return transfers from Ljubljana (Slovenia), Klagenfurt (Austria) or Trieste Airport (Italy)
- Booking terms: 20% deposit and balance payable 8 weeks before travel date.
- Payment method: BACS or cheque – please confirm preference at time of booking
- It is a condition of all bookings that persons are in a good state of health and are fit to participate in our activities.
- A booking fee of £25.00 is payable per booking invoice for your holiday.
- Bookings can be cancelled free of charge within 7 days of your booking. Your payment will be refunded in full.
- Cancelling 60 to 30 days prior to departure incurs a charge of 50% of the total booking value.
- Bookings cancelled less than 30 days prior to departure cannot be refunded.
- We strongly advise you to acquire appropriate outdoor activity insurance and recommend our partners @ SPORTS COVER DIRECT. Sports and activity insurance covers the cost of medical aid and emergency expenses on your adventure or sports holiday when travelling abroad.